Security Officer with Current Top Secret Clearance, Cape Canaveral, FL Area
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
AlliedBarton Security Services
Cocoa Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
ABOUT ALLIEDBARTON SECURITY SERVICES
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry s premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, residential communities, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, and shopping centers. AlliedBarton provides superior security officer services to protect people, homes and businesses. The most honored security services provider, AlliedBarton consistently delivers exceptional service which creates a differentiated experience for clients and the people they serve. More than 60,000 employees and 120 offices serve thousands of clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships. AlliedBarton is headquartered in Conshohocken, PA, and has been American owned and managed since 1957.
Current Top Secret Clearance is Required for this particular position.
AlliedBarton Security Officers assigned to this specific job position will be responsible for the protection of and access to highly classified and sensitive equipment, technology and information. Protection of this equipment is extremely regulated in a controlled environment and only highly qualified Security Officers are charged with this critical responsibility. Rigorous adherence and understanding of security protocols is mandatory, as is A high level government clearance. The AlliedBarton Security Officer candidates for this position will undergo an extensive vetting process by AlliedBarton, the client and the US Government. This mandatory process is lengthy and thorough.
While the candidate is being processed for this higher clearance and specific position, he or she will be required to work on this site at posts requiring a lower security clearance. In this capacity, the officer is responsible for the safety and security of the facility and to deter criminal activity through professional presence, in depth knowledge of security protocols protecting classified or proprietary equipment and information. Additionally, this gives the candidate the much needed time to learn the site and the day-to-day activities, protocols and procedures. The officer will present a neat and professional appearance in a properly worn uniform with associated equipment.
AlliedBarton Security Officers perform many tasks including preserving order and enforcing regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. Officers may be required to patrol or respond to calls for service on the facility by foot, bicycle, or vehicle. Other duties required of a security officer include working at an entry control point to a facility and answering phones, greeting guests and assisting employees.
* Protect persons, assets and information
* Respond to and assess security alarms or emergency alarms, emergency situations, medical aid, fires, oxygen deficiency alarms, first responder; secure classified information, escort visitors and contractors, secure ingress and egress situations
* Ensure the highest quality security services in the protection of personnel, property and information with professionalism; fulfill duties politely, without fear or favor
* Preserve order and enforce rules, regulations and directives for the viability of the site and the safety of personnel, equipment and sensitive information
* Greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner
* Answer questions and assist guests and employees
* Patrol the facility, internal and external
* Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances, both through written and verbal means
* Know site-specific operations performance manuals and post orders
* Open / close, lock / unlock sensitive rooms and areas
* Conduct personal sweeps in closed areas; monitor prohibited items in certain areas
* Conduct person lookups for rights and permissions to specific areas and rooms
* Correspond and interact with corporate security personnel regarding orders and execution
* Minimum of 3-5 years high-level security experience on DOD site or similar in military
* High School Diploma or GED required; Associate Degree or higher (preferred)
* Ability to write clear concise incident reports
* Understand proper radio protocol
* Possess a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Be articulate and able to explain a situation coherently
* Be a leader and self-starter
* Have experience managing or leading a team of individuals
* Understand accountability and lead by example
* Be able to obtain a Department of Defense TOP SECRET security clearance via a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and obtain SCI eligibility through another US Government agency.
Basic requirements for the Government clearance are as follows: The US Government adjudicators consider the totality of the investigation when issuing a clearance. If you have any questions regarding these requirements, you may request consultation with the AlliedBarton Security Services Compliance Manager/Facility Security Officer.
* Applicant must be a US citizen
* Applicant cannot hold citizenship in any country is addition to the US.
* Applicant cannot have and foreign property, business connections or foreign financial interests.
* Applicant s immediate family must be US citizens. This includes spouse, parents, step parents, brothers, and sisters, step brother, step sister, in laws and non-family cohabitants. If the applicant is unmarried, applicant cannot be cohabitating with a non-US citizen
* Applicant must have very good credit, including no debt that is in default or not paid as agreed, and no bankruptcy filed in last 5 years
* Applicant must be willing to take either a Counter-Intelligence (CI) or Full Lifestyle (FS) polygraph. (NOTE: The government reserves the right to require an individual to take a polygraph at any time once the individual has been approved for a security clearance.)
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever been arrested, investigated, detained, or charged with any criminal offense, including under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever pled guilty or plead no contest to any charge (felony, misdemeanor, military code or traffic offense.
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has been a part of any civil court proceedings within the last seven (7) years,
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever had any disciplinary or counseling action related to their use of alcohol.
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has EVER used, purchased or sold any illegal drugs.
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has consulted with a medical professional about a mental health condition other than marital, family, PTSD or grief counseling.
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever defaulted on a loan, declared bankruptcy or had personal property repossessed in the last ten (10) years.
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has had ANY debt placed in collections in the last seven (7) years.
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has EVER had a tax lien or wage garnishment.
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he is currently delinquent on any taxes (federal, state or local).
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever been late or are currently delinquent on any child support payments.
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has deliberately misused an automated/computer information system.
* Applicant must be willing to disclose if, in the last ten (10) years, s/he had any of the following situations