Security Officer with Experience - Downtown SF $17 - $18 / Hr.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
San Francisco, CA
SECURITY OFFICER WITH EXPERIENCE - DOWNTOWN SF $17 - $18 / HR.
Join San Francisco\'s most elite Security Team in Downtown San Francisco
**Must have a Minimum of two (2) years Military, High-Rise, Luxury Hospitality/Residential or Corporate Campus Security experience required. Must have current, active CA Guard Card**
$17.20/Hr. Starting Pay. Union Benefits, 401k, and on-going training and growth opportunities.
*Highly professional, well-mannered, and well-spoken.
*Computer and smart phone skills mandatory.
Apply online. Email Edith.Jones@aus.com to follow up on your application, and to schedule an interview time.
AMAZING buildings to work in, with excellent teams and leadership. Life is too short for the wrong job!
The successful candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to;
* Customer Service and Access Control. Some Badging may be required
* Provide verbal guidance to customers
* Act as a greeter to all tenants and visitors
* Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
* Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
* Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
* Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
At Allied Universal, we understand that without our most valuable asset -- our employees -- we would not be able to provide the exceptional service our clients have grown accustomed to. We recognize the need to provide our employees with the assurance of working for a stable company who is there to support them. We offer on-going training along with opportunities for advancement which creates dedicated employees who work together towards the common goal of making our clients feel safe!
Allied Universal recognizes and rewards your commitment to excellence. Our security professionals enjoy advancement opportunities, great salary and benefits including 401(k), a variety of medical, dental and vision options, training and development, and on-the-spot recognition programs.
Qualified applicants for the Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days