Security Operation Center Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
Auburn Hills, MI
SECURITY OPERATION CENTER OFFICER
Allied Universal is proudly celebrating 50 years of being in business and is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
Full Time positions offer benefits including $13.75 / hour pay with a 90 day review / increase + anniversary bonus + on the spot recognition program + medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K.
We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal is seeking dynamic Console Operators for a premier account. The ideal candidate for the Console Operator position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate well with others. This is a great opportunity to join Universal Protection Service, a dynamic high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering exceptional customer service. Apply today to join a company that cares for and recognizes its people. Whether you are an experienced Console Operator, or interested in exploring the security field as a career option, we welcome you to apply!
Responsibilities for the Console Operator include, but are not limited to:
* Monitor and respond to alarms on multiple monitoring systems.
* Remotely view and program all DVR s on network.
* Accesses remote alarm systems, where applicable, and make program changes as needed.
* Responsible for maintaining accurate records and reconciling alarm issues.
* Assist field technicians with field testing/programming of newly installed alarm systems.
* Provides support to field technicians as needed for ongoing maintenance systems and device additions or deletes.
* Schedules and maintains ongoing system of self-tests for various locations.
* Reports system issues and schedules services as needed.
* Responds to requests for information.
* Provides technical information as authorized.
* Provides assistance to the public within scope of authority.
* Perform other duties as required.
Qualified applicants for the Console Operator position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must demonstrate a strong understanding of computers within a Windows operating environment.
* Ability to adapt to varied work requirements and be flexible.
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
* Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology including Outlook and internet applications.
* Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence.Must be able to work overtime as needed.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 25 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Midwest - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days