Security Operations Center Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst monitors and analyzes real-time incidents, events, and alerts in order to mitigate risk to T-Mobile's systems, services and information assets. The initial focus will be on the triage of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) alerts with analysis to eliminate false positives and reassignment to the designated team for follow-up actions. This process will require the understanding of monitoring policies and the applicable business practices, with the ability to assess policy effectiveness and provide feedback for policy tuning as required. As T-Mobile begins to establish a formal SOC program, this position will transition to full-time SOC support with a broader set of responsibilities beyond DLP. Candidates with substantive SOC experience will be vital in helping to build the SOC program and establish policies and processes to coordinate with the DLP team and all other Cyber Operations teams.
- Minimum Required
- 2 years of experience as a SOC analyst
- 5 years of experience in technology operations including cyber security support
- Conversant with security concepts and techniques
- Understanding of electronic investigation and log correlation
- Experience investigating security events, threats and/or vulnerabilities
- Demonstrable knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, topology, and security), operating systems (Windows/UNIX), and web technologies (Internet security)
- Ability to read and understand system data, including, but not limited to, security event logs, system logs, and firewall logs
- High degree of attention to detail
- Experience support a DLP program
- Experience with Symantec DLP
- Experience with HP ArcSight or other SIEM solutions
- Experience with Shell scripting and a systems administration background
- Experience in administration and maintenance of enterprise networks
- Security+, CAP, CEH, CASP, CISM, CISSP or other related security certifications
- Monitor alert queues on DLP and other security monitoring systems
- Perform initial triage and analysis of alerts and events to determine appropriate courses of action, with escalation as defined by established procedures
- Collect and organize alert, event and triage data to produce reports to illustrate workload performance and the quality of existing policies/processes
- Provide support for and collaboration with higher-tier support teams to investigate escalated incidents
- Assist in the development of new security operations policies as well as the refinement or improvement of existing policies
- For follow-on SOC support:
- Services monitored and delivered include, but are not limited to SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Web Content Filtering, DLP, Proxy, and Security Event Correlation and Reporting to appropriate Tier 2 incident handling staff or relevant sources to determine increased riskWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .