Security SOC Operator $18 - $20/Hr. Paid Benefits and Growth Opps
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
Mountain View, CA
SECURITY SOC OPERATOR $18 - $20/HR. PAID BENEFITS AND GROWTH OPPS
$18.00 to $20.00/ Hr. SOC Security Operators - Experience required. Full-time swings and graves - NOW OPEN !
Allied Universal seeks experienced Security SOC Operators to work at a rapidly growing Social Media Company and a Tech giant in Palo Alto, CA.
**2+ Years\' general security experience mandatory** At least 6 months experience as a SOC or GSOC Analyst or Operator mandatory**
**Exceptional professionalism required**
***SOC experience with CCure, AMAG, Lenel and similar programs preferred***
If you meet this criteria, please apply online, and follow up with our local San Jose Office Staffing Specialist # (669) 272-0608
Security Operations Center (SOC) Operator - Provides a critical support function in ensuring the safety and security of personnel and assets throughout the campus by leveraging intelligence from several systems and technology databases that provide advanced correlation and analysis capabilities to deliver a prioritized list of actionable security incidents to the security and safety team. The Operator serves as the main point of contact for the intake and escalation of all issues as reported by employees, contractors, and outside agencies. This position monitors all events, (access control, alarm, CCTV, social media, news, etc.) in real-time, assesses the real or potential impact upon client persons, property, or assets, and provides accurate and timely notification of these threats to all appropriate persons.
*Must be able to multi-task
*Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
*Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
*Effective oral and written communication skills
*Active listening skills
*Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
*Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
*Attention to detail
*Acknowledge alarms and dispatch personnel as needed
*Dispatch First Responders / Security Officers to service calls and emergency situations
*Notify, assist and direct external emergency personnel and internal Emergency Response Team as necessary
*Monitor email inboxes, work order service requests and all communications devices; prioritize and process incoming information according to procedure
*Support the badging function as requested
*Ensure the Sr. Manager, Security and Safety and appropriate management is apprised of all significant and unusual events in real-time, and documentation is maintained
*Investigate incidents and create accurate and timely incident reports, escalating to the appropriate persons as necessary
*Perform audits of all operational equipment and software to ensure proper functionality
*Generate briefing reports of emerging situations based on information received
*Perform other tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as assigned
Qualified applicants for the Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days