Security & Safety Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Days/Hours: M-F, 3:00 p - 11:30 p
Ability to work rotating weekends as business needs require
Responsible for maintaining the highest degree of security of the facility and actively observes and reports any potential losses of company property. Responsible for the enforcement of all company policies and procedures including state and federal laws pertaining to the safety work practices of the warehouse distribution center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Regularly patrols the distribution center and immediate surrounding areas to guard against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry. Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
* Interacts with both internal (TSM's) and external customers on a regular basis to ensure both security and safety policies are adhered to.
* Monitors and ensures proper functioning and testing of all CCTV equipment, burglar and fire alarm panels, door annunciators, weather alert radios and is responsible for the notification of any type of emergencies to management and emergency services (police, fire and medical) by telephone. Acts as a first responder to fire alarms and burglar alarms at the distribution center during and after normal business hours.
* Monitors and reports irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, temperature devices and security doors left unlocked. Inspects security & safety equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
* Assists in conducting fire & safety inspections, as required Henry Schein Inc. policy and by OSHA compliance regulations.
* Permits authorized persons to enter property. Warns violators of company policy infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels miscreants.
* Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property. Ensures all non-personal property leaves only by an authorized material pass signed by Henry Schein management. Issues temporary identification badges to contractors, vendors and visitors.
* Ensures all employees receive a facial identification badge to access the employee entry/exits. Keeps accurate records of all access cards and deletes access for all terminated employees. Assists Human Resources with appropriate badge tracking numbers for use in Henry Schein payroll systems. Maintains an accurate current and termination photo card file.
* Directly involved in cutting company losses by monitoring the work practices of TSMs, vendors, contractor and temporaries, reporting all unsafe acts and conditions for immediate correction assist in accident investigation, accident reduction, and theft investigations.
* Maintains an accurate record of all forklift operators and notifies all forklift operators when their annual certification is due. Assist in the enforcement rules and policy of the Henry Schein Forklift program.
* Maintains all hazardous spill carts and first aid training kits for as needed use in the event of an emergency. Completes all necessary training and required medical evaluation/physical as required by the company's physician to ensure fitness to perform required duties.
* Maintains an accurate library of all hazardous material safety data sheets in both hard copy and on the MSDS HSI online computer.
* Maintains accurate records of all facility damages, injury accidents, near misses, incidents, spills and reports to the Security & Safety Supervisor daily and on a monthly basis for tabulation for Corporate Loss Prevention.
* Assists in the proper maintenance of key control completed by a quarterly audit of all doors, locks and keys.
* Participates in special projects such as company parties, holiday celebrations and facility open houses and performs other duties as required by the Security & Safety Supervisor.
* Is an active member of the First Aid and Spill Team.
* Performs other reasonably related duties that may be assigned.
IN ADDITION TO THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES LISTED ABOVE, ALL POSITIONS ARE ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
* Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
One-year previous experience in law enforcement, security, loss prevention, or comparable experience required.
High school diploma or the equivalent required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Previous experience in a warehouse or distribution environment, safety inspections and knowledge of alarm system operations. High degree of integrity, motivation, interpersonal skills, adaptability, and ability to learn quickly and handle multiple tasks. Ability to read fine print and differentiate products with similar characteristics (size, color, vendor code).
Valid driver's license and ability to pass the following required company provided training/certification: American Red Cross First Aid Responder, OSHA Hazardous Materials, OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.