Security Shift Lead-Day, Menlo Park CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
AlliedBarton Security Services
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
ABOUT ALLIEDBARTON SECURITY SERVICES
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry s premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, residential communities, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, and shopping centers. AlliedBarton provides superior security officer services to protect people, homes and businesses. The most honored security services provider, AlliedBarton consistently delivers exceptional service which creates a differentiated experience for clients and the people they serve. More than 60,000 employees and 120 offices serve thousands of clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships. AlliedBarton is headquartered in Conshohocken, PA, and has been American owned and managed since 1957.
Assist in supervision and coordination of the delivery of quality services on a specific shift at an assigned customer. Act as a liaison between shift supervisor and security officers. Lead staff on assigned shift, providing coaching, recognition and discipline within approved empowerment range.
Responsible for leading day to day uniformed security services at their location. Including oversight of policies and procedures implementation, and maintaining current and updated procedures and record keeping in support of the shift supervisor. The shift lead must provide advance notice of all intended absences from the site, including of minimum of two weeks notice prior to taking vacation.
Assist in supervision of day-do-day operations of assigned shift at the site. Depth and range of the following may depend on the size of the shift and site.
* Assure that officers receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills; also may include assisting manager in performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
* Assure that employee grievances are heard with help from appropriate support employees and Account or Operations Manager.
* Assist with the communication of policies, company announcements and job openings through a consistently updated READ file at the site.
* Provide the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect.
Enforcement of Contract Standards
* Help staff identify, meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
* Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
* Assist in the coordination and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client specific training and annual refresher training for security personnel.
* Administer JSA s and safety programs outlining site-specific hazards for security officers on assigned shift including vehicle / driving safety as appropriate to Corporate procedures
* Enforce AlliedBarton policies as outlined in the handbooks and executive memos.
Additional Responsibilities and Skills:
* Ability to perform inspections and control of other uniformed security staff and ensure that the requirements are performed in a professional manner.
* This person must possess a high degree of sufficiency managing complex human resource issues.
* Problem solving abilities with highest adherence to ethics
* Must have the ability to work responsively and cooperatively with Facebook Security and Safety Management
* Deal positively with rapid change
* Theoretical and practical knowledge of security and risk management practices
* Ability to work under limited supervisor and make independent decisions
* Have command presence as an effective leader
* Keen Prioritization
* Build positive relationships with staff and recognize successes
* Exemplify humility, lead by example
* Willing to accept feedback to improve/enhance performance
Education Required: HS Diploma X Associates Degree___ BS/BA____
Is experience in a specific field or market required* Yes
* The chose candidate shall have a minimum of 24 months experience as a Shift Supervisor or a similar level position of responsible charge, plus a total of 4-5 years experience in security or other related field.
* Previous experience leading large teams in a fast paced service environment
* Computer literate (MS Office, e-mail, internet, etc.)
* General knowledge of electronic access control systems, CCTV, and alarm systems
* The chosen candidate shall possess superior verbal and written skills
* Problem identification and solving skills
* Ability to make good decisions (judgment and common sense)
* Financial / mathematical aptitude
* Ability to deal with internal and external customers
* Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings, weekends and holidays as requested
* Reliable transportation to get to work site
* Well motivated, able to work well both independently and as part of a team
* Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience sufficient to meet the minimum requirements for local licensing.
* Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Armed Security Officers and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
* Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
* Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
* Successful completion of AlliedBarton s Master Security Officers Basic (Level 1) Course.
AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiate AlliedBarton. Recognized as a training leader, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture helps our employees grow personally and professionally.
Are you daring enough to be a leader who sees challenges as an adventure* Embark upon an exciting career journey and Dare to be GREAT! Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us!
For additional information, please visit our website at www.AlliedBarton.com.
AllidBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran.