Security Supervisor - Alameda mixed Retail Center $21.65/Hr.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
SECURITY SUPERVISOR - ALAMEDA MIXED RETAIL CENTER $21.65/HR.
Security Supervisor - Alameda. Position requires Day and Swing shift availability, including weekends.
* High-Rise, Commercial, or Retail Security Experience Mandatory
* Minimum seven (7) years\' of professional-level security industry experience required.
* Supervisory / Management Experience Mandatory
To demonstrate success in this role, you must have proven leadership skills to build and optimize our team at this prestigious location. This position oversees and coordinates site activities related to security, including delegating work, communicating goals and expectations, coaching, and training his or her Security Professionals to ensure effective execution of security duties.
Apply online. Email your Resume to Tara.Etterlein@aus.com
The responsibilities of the Security Supervisor position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Responsible for day to day management, motivation, coaching and training of site employees, specifically executing site-specific orientations including review of Post Orders, routine responsibilities, and how to respond to emergency situations or specific clients needs.
* Directly responsible for ensuring all training modules and tests are administered according to company guidelines.
* Make post inspections on a continuing basis and spend the quality time required to acknowledge and ensure adequate security officer performance, including inspection of officer s appearance and review of the actual duties performed by personnel.
* Implement the emergency procedures established for the building. Implement emergency procedures during fires, earthquakes, power failures, etc. Also assist in the operation of Fire/Life/Safety systems.
* Identify any personnel problems occurring at posts, such as payroll issues, employee relations complaints or other concerns, and forward any such issues to the Branch office as appropriate.
* Responsible for making recommendations for counseling and/or disciplinary action, including termination. May be responsible for administering counseling or disciplinary actions.
* Responsible for maintaining positive client/security relationships through frequent tenant/client contact and support.
Allied Universal proudly supports the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes preferred.
* Minimum 7 years of professional-level security industry experience required.
* Prior experience in the law enforcement, military and/or customer service highly desired.
* Prior supervisory experience required.
* Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of the security industry a plus. Some client sites may have specific requirements, such as high-rise building security experience, that will be required in addition to any company specifications.
* Must possess a valid Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment, if required for the state in which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* Additionally, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of BSIS Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software and email a considerable plus.
* Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
* Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
* Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
* Ability to train and coach others, and to effectively enforce post orders, security standards and company policies equitably and consistently.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
* The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and may drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps on a regular basis. May require periodic running. Must be able to perform these duties in the event of a
* security or emergency situation and be able to take a leadership role in assisting others to perform these functions.
* The job is generally performed in various environments, including outdoors, in parking structures, and in office settings, and the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for extended periods of time.
* The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
* The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
* Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
* Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days