Security Supervisor - Retail Setting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
SECURITY SUPERVISOR - RETAIL SETTING
Allied Universal attributes our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
AlliedUniversal seeks an enthusiastic, passionate Security Supervisor. We seek leaders that inspire the best from their employees and have the ability and desire to mentor, train, and help their staff grow! In managing this on-site security force, the Security Supervisor provides the leadership, direction, guidelines and procedural framework within which the staff will operate. This position pays $15.50 an hour and is paid weekly.
The responsibilities for the Security Supervisor include, but are not limited to, the following:
* The close supervision of the security personnel on-site.
* The management of the security program.
* Be the day-to-day liaison between the Property Manager and Universal Protection Service.
* Must have management, supervisory, communicative and interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to be flexible and operate on an "emergency/on-call basis".
Qualified applicants for the Security Supervisor position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required. College education preferred.
* Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Must exhibit exceptional customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Must possess a valid Guard License for your state, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of BSIS Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Northeast - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days