Security Systems Estimator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
IES Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The Security Systems Estimator is the person who supports the sales and project staff and activities of the Company. The Security Systems Estimator will develop design and engineering solutions for sales opportunities. The Security Systems Estimator keeps the estimates accurate and information up to date for security systems such as security programing, access control and CCTV.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Security Systems Estimator will provide complete project engineering, selection of applicable materials and define the basis for assigning and estimating labor. Write scope of work and develop cost estimate in response to bid specifications.
* The Security Systems Estimator will assist the sales organization by attending site-walk and pre-bid meetings on project activity. Track all site visits and keep detailed information of site conditions for use in the design of the engineering solutions.
* The Security Systems Estimator will act as liaison between and meet with sales, project management and operations when project is turned over for installation. Monitor that the sales price and actual installation costs coincide.
* The Security Systems Estimator will follow Company guidelines on preferred selection of vendors and products. The SSE will work with vendors to obtain best solution, most competitive price and proper lead-time on materials.
* The Security Systems Estimator will provide floor plan takeoffs and project application per Company s recommended solutions book and technical support personnel.
* The Security Systems Estimator will ensure that all engineering work meets the customer and Company quality and safety level at all times.
* The Security Systems Estimator will attend training and review sessions on technical requirements according to the Company s training guidelines.
* The Security Systems Estimator will meet bid schedules and deadlines. The SSE will work within and have the ability to meet a very strict timeframe.
* The Security Systems Estimator will attend and complete job turnover meetings as required to cover all details and expectations of project as they were designed.
* The Security Systems Estimator will complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, able to help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
* Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* Must be able to manage multiple projects/estimates and present a high level of organization.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Associate s Degree or Bachelor s Degree preferred.
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience in customer interface, such as liaison between the customer and the Company.
* Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in Special Systems or a related technical or construction field, including but not limited to CCTV, Card Access, Intrusion, Fire Alarm audio/Video and IP network based system requirements.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access database).
* Must be familiar with and able to effectively utilize a project based accounting software package.
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
* Must have the proven ability to design, engineer, estimate and develop a written and graphic representation of the Company s proposed solutions utilizing the automation resources provided by the Company.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2015 fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, IES produced over $574 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster | \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify