Security Team Lead Specialist -85641
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Security Team Leader (60740)
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Three to five years related experience in the Security field is required.
3. Must attain TASER user certification within one year.
4. Valid Driver s License is required and must be maintained during employment period.
1. Obtain certification in HeartSaver First Aid within 60 days of hire date.
Performs as the Team Leader in the Security Department. Provides direction to the staff on a shift. Utilizes knowledge, Security expertise, support, and education to the staff to assure optimum performance of the Security department. The Team Leader is the first line of support to the staff performing their duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
1. Coordinate the daily functions of the team to help ensure that all tasks assigned to the team are completed in an efficient manner.
1.1 Supports staff by promoting cooperative problem solving, team building and by displaying a professional attitude and demeanor. Functions as a role model for Security Staff members.
1.2 Leads team based upon instruction from Security Supervisors / Manager regarding departmental policies / procedures and work practices.
1.3 Is knowledgeable of and proficient in all positions within the Security Department.
1.4 Provides feedback to the Security Supervisors / Manager regarding team member performance and work status as requested.
1.5 Assists Supervisors / Manager with employee Day 45 and Day 90 evaluations. Provides input to Supervisors / Manager on annual performance management reviews of the security staff.
1.6 Participates in Peer Interview process for hiring of Security staff.
1.7 Assists with training to determine and address shift training issues and participates in development of individualized staff training plans.
1.8 Performs preliminary investigations of incidents.
1.9 Effectively communicates with and passes on information to oncoming shift.
2. Responds to unusual or emergency situations using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response by following established protocol.
3. Initiates positive customer service interaction and provides appropriate assistance to hospital patients, visitors and staff to facilitate orderly and efficient access to WVUH facilities in accordance with WVUH and departmental policies and procedures.
3.1 Maintains consistent visibility and presence at assigned locations to provide an information and directional resource for all patients, visitors, and staff distributing accurate information to all who request such 100% of the time.
3.2 Responds to all patient, visitor and staff requests for information/assistance in a caring, courteous manner, 100% of the time.
3.3 Provides physical assistance, wheelchair assistance, transport services, escort services and room access patients, visitors and staff accessing WVUH facilities.
3.4 Monitors and maintains traffic flow in WVUH parking areas and roadways by assisting disabled vehicles, issuing parking permits and warning violations.
3.5 Protects people and property by assisting in the prevention of accidents, theft and vandalism, in accordance with WVUH and department policies and procedures, as monitored by supervision.
4. Serves as first-line communicator with Administrators, House Supervisors, Charge Nurses, and Clinic Managers during emergency and security situations within WVU Healthcare areas.
5. Maintains consistent presence and visibility by performing routine building rounds, building door unlocks, exterior building and parking lot patrol.
6. Makes recommendations to management, staff, visitors and patients to improve security and prevent accidents and crime.
7. Engages in problem solving, crisis management and systems implementation throughout the hospital to promote and support efficient, high quality, cost effective patient care.
8. Interacts with all levels of Hospital Leadership in the role.
9. Reports suspicious situations, circumstances, incidents and persons, according to WVUH and department policy and procedures.
10. Responds and provides assistance to patients, visitors and staff during fire and disaster drills, animal control issues, transportation of valuables, and lost/found issues, according to WVUH and department policy and procedures.
11. Provides written documentation of activities, incidents, premises safety, accidents, theft, vandalism and other data requested by supervision in a factual, objective and legible manner.
12. Responds to and provides assistance to patients, visitors and staff during emergency situations such as assaults, domestic disputes, fire, vandalism, bomb threats, theft, vehicle accidents, disasters, etc.
Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, and Shared Values & Culture. Demonstrates regard for the dignity, respect and safety of all patients, family members, visitors and hospital personnel as defined in the philosophy of the organization. Ongoing compliance with all WVU Healthcare policy and screening requirements for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Ability to sit, stand and walk for the entire shift and/or double shift.
o Ability to lift, push or pull 80 pounds.
o Ability to tolerate adverse environmental conditions for entire shift and/or double shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may frequently be exposed to outside weather conditions.,