This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
ABOUT THE ROLE
* Perform Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting activities on Intrusion Alarm Systems, Access Control, CCTV, Intercom, Network infrastructure, PA Systems and other PC based Systems including Nurse Call and Sound Systems
* Perform installation and verification activities on Security related equipment for large installations, including installing, testing and commissioning
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, and specifications
* Complete As Built drawings upon the completion of the project
* Complete reports for submission to customers and carry out system acceptance tests with AHJs and other interested parties
* Maintain up to date knowledge of various product lines
* Consult with Clients to assess risk and to determine Security requirements
* Identify and sell basic product enhancements to customers
* Participate in rotation on-call schedule
#externalREWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Completion of Electronic Technician program or equivalent experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience within the Security and Access Control industry or SimplexGrinnell
* Preference will be given to those who have IT standards and network topology experience
* Must have working knowledge of equipment application, compatibility, mounting techniques, programming, and testing
* Experience supporting the implementation of analog, hybrid and IP CCTV systems, access control systems, intercom systems, wireless, intrusion systems, and Nurse Call
* Must have working knowledge of local and national codes for inspection and test purposes
* Demonstrated ability to program basic operations on micro-processor based systems without supervision
* Proficient in the operation of computers and knowledgeable on MS operating systems (including Windows 2000 Server). Ability to configure PC hardware and application programs
* Computer Network Experience and Qualifications would be a strong asset to this position
* Experience working in the construction industry and construction management
* Experience in the design or design assist in low voltage applications is desirable
* Understand technical system architecture
* Strong troubleshooting skills with working knowledge of electronic test equipment
* Must have the ability to carry up to 40 pounds consistently
* Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding and work in challenging environments such as attics, crawl spaces, ducts, basements, etc.
* Good communication skills and solid understanding of communication protocol
* Excellent customer service