Security and Fire Alarm Service Technician - Fort Wayne Area
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/26/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
South Bend, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Perform inspections of burglar and fire alarm systems based on contract requirements. Assist service technicians with system repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs inspections of burglar and fire alarm systems based on contract requirements.
* Assists service technicians with system repairs.
* Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
* Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures. Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Minimum 2 years experience installing and inspecting/repairing TycoIS or comparable product line.
* Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
* Ability to operate hand and power tools.
* Ability to unload ladder from fleet vehicle and climb ladder.
* Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
* Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
* Valid driver's license.