Seeking SR. Accountant to Support Treasury Department
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
San Carlos, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This Treasury Accountant Position Features:
? Competitive Salary And Benefits
? Convenient Location Off The Freeway
? Great Pay to $83K
Challenging contract position for a senior-level accountant in a stable Government and Public Sector company. Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position is required. A Bachelor?s Degree in accounting, finance or related field plus three years full-time accounting, cash management and investment experience or a combination of education and experience is desired. Must be experienced in computerized accounting systems (PeopleSoft a plus), proficient in the use of a PC with a variety of software packages, including Excel spreadsheets. Candidate must have supervisory experience. Also, requires strong organizational abilities and accuracy, as well as demonstrating strong written and verbal communication skills. Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) certification and/or current Certified Treasury Professional designation are highly desired.
Essential Job Functions include:
* Set the daily cash position and prepare cash forecasts.
* Manage the day to day and monthly reporting activities for the fixed investment portfolios. Provide monthly reporting to the Boards of Directors on investment positions.
* Plan, organize, assign, review, and evaluate the work of Treasury accounting support staff. Train staff in work procedures, recommend discipline, counsel, and participate in personnel decisions. Prepare performance reviews and goals.
* Coordinate and review monthly account billing and revenue collection for various Agency programs, prepare and distribute monthly sales tax revenue reports.
* Oversee the preparation of fiscal reports for audits by outside and governmental program auditors using PeopleSoft and banking software. Lead responsibility for Treasury on audit requests and findings. Assist the Finance Treasury Manager and auditors with the preparation of annual Comprehensive Financial Annual Report (CAFRs).
* Maintain established bank relationships and financial controls for the transfer or wiring of agency funds. Maintain ongoing support of disaster recovery plan.
* Ensure debt service payments and reporting on existing agency bond issues is completed.
* Oversee agency pass and ticket sales revenue and inventory processes.
* Verify the reliability and integrity of financial data and accounting systems by ensuring regular reconciliations are completed.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.
Strong Excel skills are critical. Please contact Kathy for immediate consideration