Hardware Designer Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
An experienced system engineer is being sought for analysis and system design of high speed DRAM interfaces. The successful candidate will be part of system team and will participate in the definition of chip, package and printed circuit board (PCB). Within a concurrent engineering environment, the individual will be part of a larger team with system architects, ASIC engineers, other system engineers and SI engineers in creation of next generation broadband products. The candidate is ideally an expert in DDR DRAM technology and interface signaling with demonstrated experience in these areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
* Creation of schematics and coordinate pcb layout with CAD designer.
* Review and/or oversee customer system schematic, package/pcb layout.
* Work with PCB layout lead, schematic lead, package design lead on DDR ballout study
* Generating the routing requirements and electrical margins for specific interfaces and verifying their correctness
* Perform PCB timing analysis, work with other engineers and layout designers to implement and develop reference schematic and pcb layout
* Perform all required analysis in designing working solutions ranging from chip to chip, board to board and system to system.
* Lead debugging effort, coordinate/perform the work and describe/show results when available.
* Perform PVT measurements on boards to be able to correlate with PVT simulations results.
* Working on the specification, development, validation, and support for products through the product life
* As part of a team, you will lead and participate in technical discussions within the immediate group and across functions, where evaluating and executing design and development plans for products are reviewed.
* Requires a BS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or a related discipline with at least 5 years of experience in chip industry
* Capable of presenting new work/concepts/analysis to system team.
* Provide technical assessment of projects to management team.
* Knowledge of design for EMC and board layout optimization
* Proficient with Orcad Capture, Cadence APD/Allegro/PCBLayout
* Expertise with DDR3, DDR4, LPDDR3 and LPDDR4 DRAM technologies
* Proficient with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes.
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* The candidate for this position must be able to work independently, have the ability to put in place new procedures, and complete multiple parallel tasks on time.
* Good team player able to work with other system engineers and managers across geography in a matrix organization.
* Previous exposure to system & chip verification/validation is critical
* Experience with system lab bring up and design validation on products
* Experience with Agile/Oracle (Product Lifecycle Management Solution) software is desired
* Able to de-solder and solder electronic SMT components on PCB is desired
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.