Senior Account Director, Channel Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Account Director, Channel Sales
Recruit, develop, and manage partners and resources to achieve company bookings goals for the sale of Equinix services and products through new and existing channel partners. Work closely with Solutions Architects in driving the solution bundling of partner services with Equinix offerings. Work closely with Channel Marketing to develop go to market plans to promote joint solution awareness among partner s end user customer base. Work closely with Equinix field sales and Sales Engineers to facilitate their support of partner s end user customer needs to ensure partner and customer satisfaction. Oversee channel partner relationships for assigned accounts and overall pipeline development, leveraging synergies with platform partners (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, Amazon, NetApp, and others).
* Research and understand prospective partner s products & services, relevant competencies and geo coverage.
* Evaluate qualifications using Ideal Partner Profile & Targeting Scorecard (includes # customers, related services, # sellers).
* Engage Equinix Sales Engineers & Solutions Architects for technical positioning & alignment.
* Tailor message and partner pitch to partner company on how partnering with Equinix can help to grow their business.
* Identify and establish contact with initial sponsor within prospective partners.
* Deliver relevant message to confirm mutual interest in moving forward, uncovering interest and motivation of prospective partner stakeholders, identifying their business driver to partner with Equinix.
* Expertly articulate business value of reselling Equinix.
* Describe relevant participation requirements and benefits of Partner Programs, describing program application, approval process and timeline.
* Communicate welcome; set expectations & timeline for onboarding.
* Establish Sales ROE & onboarding plan and achieve agreement on how the companies will communicate during sales pursuits.
* Facilitate development & alignment for joint value proposition and bundled offer, engaging Solutions Architects.
* Engage Channel Marketing and coordinate development of initial go-to-market and first deal strategy.
* Develop technical & sales training strategy utilizing the optimal combination of embedding in partner s own training, online, and in person.
* Identify near term end user potential opportunities as first targets.
* Drive partner portal registrations and access.
* Define & engage Equinix resources (incl GSA. SE, CSM) to define, quote and order solution.
* Coordinate development and approval of Marketing Plan, targets, strategies, activities, and co-marketing investments to support Channel Partner Business Plan with Platform Partner alignment.
* Determine partner funnel required to achieve revenue plan; establish Funnel Of Accountability (FOA) metrics.
* Establish cadence and requirements for formal pipeline reviews.
* Position and promote partner capabilities and solutions to Equinix Sales via joint sales training/ meetings, Marketplace, Partner Profiles.
* Monitor, manage all reseller opportunities in SFDC, forecasting timely and accurately.
* Coach Equinix Direct Sales on best practices for working deals w/partners.
* Lead planning for quarterly business reviews (QBRs).
* Facilitate cross-functional review of partnership performance including sales, operations, marketing as established in Partner Business Plan.
* Leverage executive sponsors appropriately.
* BS, BA or equivalent.
* 12-15 years proven success in channel sales for internet, network, data center, hyperscaler, or cloud-based products or services.
* Demonstrated success developing large global channel partners from the ground up.
* Experience in one and two-tier technology distribution models.
* Proficient with PC's to assist in partner response, lead tracking, forecasting, proposals, and email.
* Able to operate independently and remotely.
* Able to manage high-level activity. Contact with partner sales personnel at hyperscalers/Platform Partners (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, Amazon is preferred)
* Knowledge of Internet, Telco and Cloud required.
* Strong presentation skills to audiences large and small.
* Must be able to travel when needed but be based in Texas.