Senior Account Executive, State & Local Gov't
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 3/17/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONEverbridge is the market leader in providing SaaS-based enterprise applications to automate processes for information exchange to keep people safe and businesses running. In 2015, our platform delivered over 1 billion messages to 200+ countries, and we have leveraged the reliability and scalability of this platform to successfully introduce multiple new products and experience double digit growth five (5) consecutive years. Due to the rapid growth, we are currently adding a Senior Account Executive with a demonstrated track record of achievement selling into State & Local Municipalities. You will sell the full suite of Everbridge solutions and be responsible for developing relationships with multiple buyers within these accounts to develop and close new opportunities.
About the Team:
The State & Local Government (SLG) sales team is among the most successful groups within Everbridge as it is the core of who we are and what our technologies offer; the ability to quickly and reliably reach residents, staff and emergency personnel, over any device, during both public safety threats and more routine community events. As the Senior Account Executive you will be responsible to sell new business into a Central Region territory and account list in the SLG vertical market thus, ideally located in the Central US (Chicago, Minnesota, etc.)
* Develop a strong understanding of target buyers, domain knowledge, products and competitors.
* Prospect and identify new opportunities to build and maintain a healthy pipeline.
* Demonstrated ability to identify and sell to multiple buyers within an organization.
* Implement a consultative, solution selling, methodology.
* Ability to develop and close sales exceeding $100,000 in annual value
* Work with Marketing and Business Development to execute campaigns to top buyers.
* Exceed assigned sales objectives and quarterly bookings quotas.
* Accurately manage and forecast your business using SF.com.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent experience.
* 8+ years of sales experience with SaaS or hosted software municipal or SLED accounts.
* 5+ years of selling into larger commercial accounts.
* Background or training in a consultative/Solution Sales process
* Strong blueprinting, prospecting, and cold calling skills.
* Excellent verbal and written interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
* Proven, measurable, and successful experience as a "hunter" into the US State governments and larger US cities.
* Proven, measurable, and successful experience in growing revenue within an existing account.
* Ability to develop and manage a high volume of opportunities.
* Must be motivated, dedicated and a self-starter.
* Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem solving skills.
* Must have a verifiable history of meeting or exceeding sales quotas.
* BS/BA degree or relevant experience.
* Willingness to travel approx. 30%.
* Experience using SalesForce a plus.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge: Experience in the sale of ITSM solutions, System Monitoring & Management, Communication services, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery products are highly desirable. Experience with Sandler Selling, SPIN Selling, or Solution Selling a plus.
About the company:
Everbridge is the leading critical communications platform trusted by corporations and communities of all sizes to connect the right people for real-time collaboration and response. Connecting more than 100 million people and internet-enabled devices, the company assures that secure, compliant communications are delivered and confirmed, whether locally or globally. Everbridge was recently named one of the Boston Business Journal s Best Places to Work for 2015!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.