This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CPA will assists in the financial reporting process, preparing schedules, journal entries and performing account reconciliations. Assists with compiling and organizing data required for budget and audits. Manages preparation of tax returns and periodic tax documents. Handles accounts payable. Performs special projects as directed by the department manager or director. Assists with finding and comparing sources of liability, malpractice and employee insurances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Prepares journal entries for month end financials.
2. Reconciles general ledger accounts and cash accounts, ensuring proper documentation to support account balances.
3. Assists with preparation of other informational returns within mandated deadlines.
4. Assists in maintaining schedules required for completion of the annual cost reports and external audits.
5. Researches departmental expenditures when inquiries are made by management.
7. Validates accuracy of journal transfers to general ledger.
8. Tracks fixed assets and prepaid assets, recording depreciation and amortization as appropriate.
9. Completes special projects as assigned.
10. Monthly/quarterly preparation of General Ledger account analysis including bank reconciliations, receivables and payables, other current and noncurrent assets and liabilities, other income and expense, etc.
11. Review and analyze project financial performance and assist management in understanding and communicating financial issues.
12. Quarterly compilation of financial statements and other supporting documentation.
13. Professional interface with internal/external auditors, department team members, other department personnel and external
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritizes tasks, and consistently meets deadlines
Proficient in Word, Excel, Publisher, Quickbooks, Quicken
Ability to learn new computer programs quickly
Must be able to supervise, coordinate, and perform multiple projects simultaneously.
Self-motivated ability to work independently on projects with emphasis on planning, analytical, organization, and teaching skills
Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Dependability, flexibility, ability to work well with others.
Strong organizational and planning skills.
1. Bachelor?s degree in accounting or finance.
2. Prior accounting or audit experience preferred.
4. Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing programs. Possesses the ability to analyze and compute numbers.
5. Experience working in a professional setting
The successful candidate for this position must have the ability to perform the job functions listed on the job description and various other assigned duties. He/she must be flexible due to the varied responsibilities of this position. He/she must be able to work in a variety of work environments as they will be working in different locations from time to time. Applicant must be able to manage time well and work independently. He/she must organize and prioritize duties Values.
Send resume to cperkins@act-1(dot)com if this position interest you. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.
CPA License, Degreed, Accounting Manager