This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Norell Group Executive Search
In this position, you will be involved with the following:
* Conduct audits of high-risk functions
* Identify areas of greatest risk and internal control deficiencies
* Assess effectiveness of electronic banking safeguards
* Supervise corporate purchasing functions
* Analyze Mexico's office monthly financial statements as well as corporate analytical review and forecasting.
* A monthly review of payment transactions and expense reports for U.S. companies and international affiliates (proper authorization and reporting, adherence to corporate policies)
* The revenue recognition process (establish procedures to determine that all orders have been invoiced, no duplicate orders recorded)
* Quarterly sales commissions review for accuracy and compliance to policy.
* Review employee and vendor register for profile and reporting changes in Sage (on-going);
* Manage utility contracts (electricity and natural gas) and company-wide printer/copier renewals (annually or as needed);
* Competitive bid policy administration (annually or as needed)
* Monthly review and analysis of the Mexico affiliate's financial statements.
* Monthly review and forecasting of key Income Statement accounts.
* Assist with the monthly Sales Tax payment processing.
* Government report preparation (Census Bureau) (annually or as needed).
* Point person for disaster recovery process for department.
* Supervision of one junior level employee (Senior Buying Coordinator).
* Some international travel may be required (less than 10%).
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
* 2-4 years of experience in public accounting.
* Fraud prevention and detection training and experience a plus
* Certified Fraud Examiner a plus
* Experience with analytical reviews and forecasting a plus
* Sage software experience a plus
* Supervisory experience a plus
* Spanish speaking a plus