Senior Accountant 8/30/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsible for supporting corporate accounting and the complete and accurate general ledger. This includes responsibility for the day to day general accounting operations, participating in process improvement initiatives and providing support to internal/external customers.
* Reconcile complex general ledger accounts monthly including research and resolution of discrepancies
* Reconcile sub-ledgers to GL as required
* Maintain and enhance financial systems and reporting mechanisms
* Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting schedules
* Participate in month end, quarter end and year end closings
* Communicate with team members from other functional areas as well as external sources
* Comply with policies and best practices, and assist in other accounting projects as requested
* Provide information for auditors and other special projects
* Participate in ERP implementation activities as requested
* Participate in current intercompany process.
_EDUCATION:_ Bachelor's degree in Accounting - CPA certification preferred
* 5+ years experience in accounting (public accounting / private company mix preferred),
* Must be organized and detail oriented, possess a strong systems background, flexible, able to work independently, good verbal and written communication skills, good relationship building skills, and have worked in a large corporate environment.
* Must demonstrate ability to identify and implement process improvements, be a self-starter, and effectively interact and communicate across multiple organizations/functions.
* Must be comfortable dealing with accounting matters, demonstrates basic knowledge of US GAAP, and understands and is able to apply technical accounting concepts
* Proficient in Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups etc)
* Analytical thinking skills
* SAGE, Timberline experience preferred