This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Asset Management accounting team, part of Fidelity's Corporate Accounting function, provides accounting services to various Fidelity Investments companies that provide management and investment advisory services. Asset Management Accounting currently has an open opportunity at the senior accountant level.
As a key member of the Asset Management Accounting team, this individual will be responsible for many accounting and financial reporting activities supporting various legal entities and will work closely with the Asset Management finance and controllership teams to provide accounting support to their organization. Additionally, this individual will assist with enhancing accounting processes, controls, systems and developing improved reporting of accounting results. This role offers exposure to different Asset Management business units, as well as foreign based accounting teams, external auditors, with a clear path for professional development. A detailed summary of key job responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
* Actively participate in month end accounting close, such as preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis for multiple Asset Management legal entities.
* Maintain inter-company agreements and associated related party documentation.
* Assist in the timely, accurate and complete preparation of financial reporting.
* Responsible for recording accounting entries to Oracle general ledger system and utilizing multi-dimensional reporting tools to prepare and provide reporting and financial analysis.
* Provide business unit(s) with well written financial commentary on monthly results as well as the account reconciliations.
* Assist in the annual audit process with external auditors, including the preparation of financial statements and audit schedules.
* Participate in the response to inquiries from management, auditors and regulatory agencies regarding accounting policies, procedures and problems.
* Assist with the implementation of new accounting policies and procedures as well as administering existing policies and procedures
* Participate in the development and completion of special projects as assigned.
* Keep abreast of the business and the impact of accounting issues on the business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting.
* CPA and/or advanced degree preferred.
* 3-5 years of industry and/or public accounting experience.
* Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices and internal controls.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Highly motivated, flexible, quality focused, team player with strong organizational skills.
* Ability to grasp complex organizational/ownership structures.
* Ability to work independently and exhibit both independent thinking and good judgment.
* Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
* Inquisitive nature and process improvement mindset.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent Business Partnering skills.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
Willingness to learn financial systems and multi-dimensional reporting tools (i.e., Oracle and Essbase).