Senior Accountant 9/18/2016
Brooklyn Park, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Summary:
The Senior Accountant is a member of the corporate accounting team which is responsible for ensuring financial results are reported accurately, timely and in accordance with US GAAP.
* Preparation of SEC filings and related elements.
* Support month and quarter end close processes including maintaining general ledger accounts, account reconciliations and preparation of journal entries.
* Perform financial statement analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation.
* Assist with the preparation of consolidated financial statements for internal and external reporting purposes.
* Review accounting classifications and guidance to ensure results are reported in accordance with US GAAP.
* Ensure data integrity for accurate financial reporting.
* Develop and maintain operating policies and procedures in connection with the accounting department. Adhere to the Company's internal control structure for compliance with SOX 404.
* Focus on continuous business process improvements, challenge current processes/procedures to determine if improvements are a potential and consequently implement process improvements.
* Work effectively with the entire accounting department including subsidiaries to ensure processes operate efficiently and implement improvements when necessary.
* Work independently with, in some instances, minimal direction required.
* Develop relationships with business unit leaders to expedite workflow and ensure appropriate accounting treatment.
Education and Experience:
* BA degree in finance, or accounting.
* 5+ years of professional experience in accounting and finance.
* CPA preferred.
* Strong accounting skills including cost analysis, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
* Experience with strong Excel modeling skills.
* Experience with public accounting is a plus.
* Experience with XBRL a plus.
* Motivated, team player that can also work independently.
* Excellent computer and communication skills.
* Highest level of honesty and integrity.
* Excellent organization, documentation, and prioritization skills.
* Attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is critical.
* Strong interpersonal skills while maintaining confidential information.
* Strong influence skills.
* Business travel as needed.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Individuals with physical/mental disabilities are eligible for the position provided they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation unless the accommodation would cause an undue hardship.
* Requires a degree of concentration and attention to perform essential job functions. Achieves objectives by analyzing, evaluating and interpreting viable solutions. Periods of mental effort and concentration followed by other aspects of job with lesser concentration and attention requirements.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
* This is a full-time position. Standard business operation hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. These hours do not apply to all positions. Please consult with supervisor on working hours for position. Also, this position may require additional hours of work as requested by business needs.