Senior Accountant - CPA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR ACCOUNTANT
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline preferred or requisite work experience
* CPA certification preferred.
* MBA preferred
* Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required.
* Knowledge of economic principles, auditing practices and principles, and applicable laws, codes and regulations
* 2-3years of relevant experience in accounting and administration that includes journal entry preparation, General Ledger Accounting, account reconciliations, Fixed Assets, and budgeting
* Minimum of 2years experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice.
* Minimum of 2years experience with SAP.
* Proficiency with PC and software applications including Advanced Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
* Proficiency using department database systems such as SAP, JD Edwards, AS400, etc.
* Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively interact with and make presentations to senior executives, regulatory agencies, and other internal and external customer. Ability to exercise good judgment and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures
* Excellent analytical skills to interpret and adapt known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
* Ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems in a high pressure environment and/or crisis
* Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions. Ability to persuade market and sell new ideas.
GAAP (required); 2years of SAP experience; 2-3years of Fixed Assets and budgeting
CPA preferred; MPA preferred
WHAT IS EXCITING ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
This department is always open to promoting within.