Senior Accountant, CPA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Prowess Global Recruting
Woodland Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for a dedicated individual with executive presence and strong tax skills who is currently holding their CPA License.
This person will actively participate in tax team projects including business, individual, and not-for-profit tax compliance, federal and state tax research, assisting with governmental audits and tax efficiency consulting. The position requires knowledge of federal and state tax law as well as a general understanding of generally accepted accounting principles. Strong computer skills are required.
DESCRIPTIONS OF DUTIES
* Preparation of federal and state individual, partnership, corporation (both C and S) and not-for-profit income tax returns.
* Review of more basic tax returns. Participation in tax planning for high net worth individuals and closely held businesses including preparation of income tax projections for businesses and individuals.
* Perform online tax research and preparation of research memorandums.
* Assist with IRS and state tax controversy.
* Participate in direct training of less experienced staff and involvement in tax department sponsored firm wide tax training seminars.
* Assist with tax efficiency projects such as tax reduction strategies, state nexus reviews, energy studies and sales/use tax reviews.
* 3+ years' experience in a public accounting firm.
* BSdegree in accounting from an accredited university.
* Holding a CPA license.
* Sharp analytical skills and strong communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to clients' and supervisor's needs.
* Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, and the ability to analyze and interpret general technical tax literature and government regulations.
* Communicate both verbally and in writing, be technically competent, self-motivated, reliable and able to anticipate the needs of clients and supervisors.
Experience with Prosystem FX is a major plus.