This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
The David J. Joseph Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Profile
The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 70 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
DJJ has an exciting opportunity as a Senior Accountant for our Downtown Cincinnati Office.
1. Assists in the month-end closing process including journal entries, account reviews and report generation.
2. Contributes to the monthly financial reporting, forecasting, and annual budgeting process.
3. Assist the Brokerage & Services divisions with transaction analysis and problem resolution.
4. Performs monthly account reconciliations.
5. Monitoring and review of physical and book inventory balances and reporting of sales.
6. Manages the reconciliation and reporting of intercompany sales.
7. Assists Controller and Assistant Controller with special projects as assigned and contributes to the continuous improvement process.
8. Ability to collaborate with others.
9. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
10. Provides high quality service to internal and external customers.
11. Minimal travel requirements.
1. Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA preferred.
2. Minimum three years public accounting or relevant corporate accounting experience.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with internal and external customers.
4. Excellent technical skills with the ability to quickly learn general ledger and other financial application software and reporting tools.
5. Ability to demonstrate initiative on projects and assignments.
6. Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changes in scheduled work priorities and perform with a high degree of accuracy.
7. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
8. Ability to lead by example.
9. Ability to work under general supervision, exhibiting independent thinking skills and initiative.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Bonus Potential & 401k match among other great benefits. If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
DJJ is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
DJJ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please a href='https://djj.box.com/v/EEOistheLaw4Applications' click here /a . /p