Senior Accountant 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Responsibilities:
* Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
* Records Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable transactions with reconciliations.
* Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
* Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product. Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
* Secures financial information by completing database backups.
Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
Senior Accountant Job Duties:
* Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* BBA in Accounting
* Minimum of 3 - 5 years of previous accounting experience
* Strong knowledge of GAAP and Cost Accounting
* Detail oriented
* Strong computer skills (financial accounting software, Excel, Microsoft)
* Manufacturing experience a huge plus