Senior Accountant, Government Contracting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of connectors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 5,000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions.
The successful candidate will be joining a group of over 60 professionals across the globe that are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving. Additionally, the business unit is led by a strong leadership team that encourages growth and development of employees.
As a supplier to the defense market, we continue to see large growth opportunities in U.S. government contracts. Recent business wins will require AD&M to be compliant with modified - Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) within the next few months. Further growth in our U.S. government programs will likely require Full-CAS compliance in the next few years.
The Senior Accountant, Government Contracting position will serve as the technical expert to ensure compliance and consistency in adhering to U.S. Government Contract regulations--Truth-in-Negotiations Act ( TINA ) and Cost Accounting Standards. The position will provide critical insight to the implementation of CAS and will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring the current accounting systems, policies and procedures across the business unit for compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation ( FAR ). Additionally, this role will help oversee cost submissions to, and support reviews with, the DCMA.
The position reports to the Manager, Governmental and Cost Accounting and will very closely work with the Director, Operations Finance and the VP, Finance. There will also be significant cross functional interactions with legal/contracts, product management, and operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Review and monitor accounting system, policies, and procedures for compliance with Modified-Cost Accounting Standards. Where needed, implement best practices and productivity initiatives to ensure compliance, efficiency and effectiveness.
* Experience and working knowledge of FAR, CAS, GAAP and other regulations specific to government contracting.
* Take a leadership role, in conjunction with the Manager, Governmental and Cost Accounting, to establish the framework, strategy and implementation plan for compliance with Full- Cost Accounting Standards.
* Perform reviews/audits of the businesses firm fixed price (FFP) cost proposals subject to TINA, prior to submission to Government Agencies.
* Accounting lead for DCMA cost reviews.
* Work cross-functionally with contracts, legal, product management and operations finance teams on accounting for and developing resource plans towards cost proposals subject to TINA/CAS
* Assist in M&A integration efforts, where the acquired organization performs government contracting work.
* Due to ITAR regulations, US citizenship or US lawful permanent residency (green card) is Required to apply for this position.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or economics preferred.
* Minimum 4 years experience in government contracting under the Truth in Negotiations Act.
* Must be well versed in the regulations around the Cost Accounting Standards and application to comply with these standards.
* SAP working knowledge, with a solid understanding of SAP s hierarchy structure to drive system compliance, or at minimum a strong understanding of an ERP hierarchical structure is required.
* A CPA or CMA is preferred but not required.
* Must also have strong analytical, written and oral skills.
At TE, we believe in unleashing people s potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the Top 100 Innovators as well as deemed one of the world s most ethical companies by Ethisphere.