Senior Accountant (Government/ Grant Accounting) 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY he senior Accountant will play a significant role and impact the Accounting department in several key areas.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE OF SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
* Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts and related accounting records for accuracy
* Prepare journal entries, analyses and monthly reports
* Grant accounting for Federal, Foundation and Private grants. Including reconciling the grants spending to the budgets, preparing allocations, billings, as well as processing releases and draw downs
* Maintain and ensure accuracy of accounting records; monitor internal controls; and ensure compliance with all relevant company policies.
* Maintain fixed asset records
* Prepare state and local tax returns on a monthly/quarterly basis
* Analyze cost data and determine the true cost of manufacturing processes and research projects
* Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE OF SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
* 4-5years of General Accounting in government/grant accounting;
* Must have a strong understanding of GAAP.
* Must have at least two years of direct experience with Cost Accounting processes, tools, and reporting formats
* Must possess mid to advanced level MS Excel skills and be proficient with accounting/financial software
* Must be self-motivated, organized and be able to work on teams
* Good written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively
* Working accurately with close attention to detail
* Must be discrete and maintain confidentiality
* Willing to perform wide range of duties, a "many hats" approach.
* Sage MIP experience (ideally)
* Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
Job Type: Full-time
* Seattle, WA
* Cost Accounting: 2years
* Management expereince: 2years
* Government/Grant Accounting: 3years
* Month/ Quarter/ Year end close: 3years
Submit a candidate
Candidate name Candidate email Candidate phone number Candidate's LinkedIn Profile URL (optional) Upload candidate resume (optional)Choose File File types: pdf, txt, docx, html, htm, or rtf
Max size: 2MB
Why is this candidate a great fit
Describe to the employer why your candidate is qualified for this role. See example