Senior Accountant 9/3/2016
Open Systems Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Our client has a long term career opportunity for an Accounting Manager in Morris County. Reporting to theDirector of Accounting and Finance, and as an integral member of the accounting team, the role of the successful candidate will be to strengthen the financial management and operations of the company.
* Establish, implement and monitor internal controls over operations and accounting functions.
* Supervise and coordinate day to day activities of the accounting staff
* Maintain the general ledger and all financial records in accordance with US GAAP
* Monthly closings, financial reporting and variance analysis
* Sales tax administration, facilitate external audit reporting
* Effectively manage, lead and develop the accounting team
* Minimum of 5years' experience, including time in a supervisory role. 5-10years is sweet spot
* Some public accounting experience, and CPA, preferred, but not required.
* BSdegree in Accounting.
* Experience in internal controls and/or SOX experience, preferred.
* Automation and continued software upgrade experience a plus.
* Strong quantitative, analytical and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent computer proficiency with MS-Office Suite, including advanced knowledge in Excel, as well as financial software.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong organization skills
* Previous experience within a distribution / manufacturing environment with a good understanding of international business, a plus.