This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for month-end closing to include: Excess and Obsolete Analysis, Overhead Standard to Actual analysis, Try and Buy Reconciliation, and account reconciliation of Inventory, Monthly GL Closing activities related to worldwide inventory including development of journal entries, reconciling all inventory-related accounts, analysis and reporting of inventory by product line, investigation of any variances.
- Prepare the monthly inventory valuation analysis including review of production overhead
- Prepare the Quarterly Excess & Obsolete analysis of inventory by product line
- Participate in financial oversight related to physical inventory and cycle count process
- Identify and solve complex problems and communicate with all levels of the organization as appropriate to drive decisions/change
- Identify potential improvements and make recommendations
- Participates in annual audits and special projects
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Manufacturing/Cost Accounting experience a plus
- Must be proactive and able to work independently
- Seeks to find efficiencies within processes
- BS Degree - Accounting
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience in Accounting/Finance
- Experience with Manufacturing companies a plus
- Experience with Automated Accounting Software (Oracle/Hyperion desired)
- Any experience with Inventory, costing, opex (R&D) would be a plus.