This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Huntington Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyze accounts and ensure journal entries are recorded timely during the month-end close process (prepaid expenses, accruals, amortization of accretion an intangible assets)
* Complete and review monthly account analyses by reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies
* Manage intercompany activity, confirmations with parent/sister companies, settling intercompany balances
* Prepare and record foreign exchange (FX) revaluations, gains and losses
* Prepare financial analyses and variance explanations for management
* Review monthly P&L and balance sheet activity for accuracy and completeness
* Provide key analytical schedules to support the SEC reporting process and earnings release
* Review and recommend enhancements to the month-end close process and other accounting processes
* Prepare and review reports supporting internal and external audits
* Strong knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), general accounting process and internal control elements (including Sarbanes-Oxley and COSO 2013)
* Work closely with Payroll, HR, Operations and accounting teams
* Complete 24 hours of professional education/training (CPE) per year as required to comply with controls implemented by the company in accordance with COSO 2013
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year U.S. college or university in Accounting/Finance or Business, and 4-5 years of accounting experience. Must have excellent communication skills, worked with auditors and hands on experience with month end closing. Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Oracle and/or Deltek a plus. MUST HAVE CPA OR IN PROCESS, worked with public accounting. Highly prefer experience working for a subsidiary that reports to a parent company.