Senior Accountant I - Fixed Assets
Gilead is seeking a Fixed Assets Senior Accountant who will be responsible for recording asset additions, depreciation, disposals, and capitalization of construction in progress (CIP) in the North America region. In addition, the Fixed Assets Senior Accountant will provide support to FP&A Analysts for the recording of fixed assets and monitoring of construction in progress through Oracle Projects.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-motivated, results-oriented, and possess a high attention to detail while still being able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Review fixed asset supporting documentation, and record fixed asset acquisitions and capital projects in Oracle through Oracle Projects (OPC).
* Review the compilation of project costs in the CIP accounts in OPC, and reconcile the CIP accounts to the general ledger monthly.
* Provide accounting support to Functional FP&A Analysts for any questions relating to capitalization rules.
* Review account coding on Purchase Orders for Capital Spending prior to management approval.
* Monitor the closure of CIP projects in OPC once the related projects have been completed.
* Run depreciation in Oracle Fixed Assets, review for reasonableness, and post to the general ledger.
* Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger.
* Conduct periodic impairment inquiries for capital assets.
* Maintain SOX controls, desktop procedures for capital assets.
* Recommend any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets as appropriate.
* Conduct a periodic review and analyses of the Fixed Assets Register.
* Prepare fixed asset schedules for Internal Audit, SOX, and SEC teams, and respond to inquiries.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred
* 3+ years of fixed asset accounting experience
* Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
* Oracle R12 ERP system knowledge a plus
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
* Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :