Senior Accountant, Infusion - Denver, CO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
WORKING TITLE: Accountant, Infusion BU
This position is part of the business unit accounting team and will be responsible for activities related to the recording of financial transactions in support of the monthly close process. Performs work in compliance with applicable policies and procedures, generally-accepted accounting principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley control environment. Prepares work papers and responses in support of external and internal audits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1 Responsible for supporting branch P&L results, including revenue accounting, product gross margin results, inventory review and analysis, and operating expenses
2 Responsible to review and analyze results relative to budget, trends, forecast, and prior year, and, assist business partners in operations with identifying and understanding key elements contributing to variances in these areas.
3 Responsible for preparing reconciliations for significant balance sheet accounts such as Accounts Receivable and Inventory.
4 Calculates and prepares various prepaid, expense accrual and reserve calculations.
5 Serves as a resource to other departments.
6 Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager. Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
7 Performs other duties as assigned
* No supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree in accounting (or equivalent experience) required.
* CPA preferred but not required.
* Advanced degree and /or certification desired.
* Prefer one to three years of general ledger accounting experience.
* Experience with multi-company, multi-location environment preferred.
* Experience in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry preferred.
* Practical experience using a large accounting system such as Lawson, Oracle, SAP, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of GAAP and ongoing technical accounting proficiency sufficient to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of the books and records of the Company.
* Strong problem solving skills with the proven ability to provide innovative ideas, solutions and to implement change.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
* Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
* Ability to change and contribute to a continuous improvement environment.
* Ability to handle complaints and provide customer service to internal/external customers.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all employee levels and customers.
* Ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality along with sensitivity to employee and customer needs and data.
* Focused attention to detail and analytical skills.
* Advanced level of software proficiency and understanding of technology to support activities, especially Microsoft Excel and Access.
* Team oriented and a motivated self-starter.
* Must have scheduling flexibility to meet the demands of monthly, quarterly, and year-end close schedules.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret business information, professional journals, clinical information, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pharmaceutical calculations, taxes, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to prepare and reconcile accrual and prepaid journals to the general ledger.
Ability to read and interpret profit and loss statements. Ability to prepare budgets and revenue projections.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of abstract variables.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.