Senior Accountant, Joint Venture
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
DaVita Healthcare Partners, Inc.
Federal Way, WA
JOB DESCRIPTIONGREAT NEWS!
DaVita is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our fantastic Joint Venture Accounting team in Federal Way, WA! DaVita's Chief Accounting Officer and multiple accounting departments are all located in Federal Way, creating top opportunities for growth and advancement in this Fortune 500 company!
DaVita is a highly award-winning healthcare employer that specializes in the Kidney Healthcare arena. If you're seeking a company with core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun, then this may be the place for you.
At DaVita, we "walk the talk" when it comes to our core values!
The purpose of this position is to primarily provide Joint Venture entity accounting support to ensure accurate communication of financial information to our Field customers and JV partners. This includes financial review for development projects, fixed assets, inventory, medical director fees, leases, subleases, revenue analysis as well as preparing financial reports. This teammate would also be expected to make recommendations regarding the accounting treatment of financial transactions, as well as develop and implement new accounting processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Financial reporting and partnership accounting and reporting responsibilities including: Center accounting review responsibilities for development projects, fixed assets, inventory, medical director fees, leases and subleases
* General ledger functions such as account analysis, account reconciliation, trend analysis, and financial statement research
* Create and review financial statements including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, etc.
* Prepare communications such as memos, presentation charts, and process documentation, and coordinate with other departments, business offices and field operations
* Participate in meetings with Field management and JV partners as necessary
* Prepare cash forecasts based on historical financial data and knowledge gained from working with and supporting field finance and operations management
* Utilize general business knowledge to assist operational teammates with non-routine accounting issues and concerns
* Make recommendations to accounting and operational management, as well as be responsible for day-to-day decisions concerning the accounting treatment of financial transactions
* Responsible for training and reviewing the work of other staff accountants, as assigned
* Develop and implement new accounting processes
* Work as a liaison between General Accounting department and field operations
* Other duties as assigned.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
* A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
* Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
* Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
* Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
* A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
* Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
* Bachelor's degree required, emphasis in Accounting strongly preferred
* Prior accounting experience required
* Minimum of two years of accounting experience highly preferred, to include strong general ledger accounting experience
* Working knowledge of general ledger accounting functions, with financial packets/reporting responsibilities and experience
* Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred