This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Sonepar USA is an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B2B distribution of electrical products and related services. We are a member of the Sonepar Group, the world's largest privately-held electrical distributor. In the USA, we are represented by 18 locally managed electrical and industrial distributors with over 700 locations and coverage in all 50 states.
This position is responsible for the day to day accounting and maintenance of the balance sheet and income statement for an operating company or companies.
* Perform monthly general ledger close which includes journal entries, account reconciliations, and corporate reporting submissions. Quarterly and annual submissions are also required
* Cash and line of credit accounting including journal entries and reconciliations
* Sales tax accounting including preparing sales and use tax filings, registering in new states, cities, counties and assisting with sales tax audits
* Fixed asset accounting including maintaining asset records, ensuring proper capitalization and useful lives
* Develop and maintain relationship with operating company management to resolve questions/issues that arise in the normal course of business including opening/closing branches, lease/buy decisions, etc
* Prepare ASC 740 tax supporting schedules for submission to US corporate office
* Significant involvement in internal and external audits
* Perform special projects and ad hoc requests to include system conversions (payroll, ERP, fixed assets, etc)
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting/Finance, with Master s degree a plus
* CPA/Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
* Strong background in IFRS and experience in writing policy and white papers a plus
* Experience within a Shared Service Model a strong plus
* Management experience, including 4 to 8 years operational/financial accounting experience, distribution industry preferred
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and ERP systems - experience with Eclipse ERP a plus
* Strong communication skill / customer service nearly as important as technical skills
* General ledger accounting, analytical skills, and the ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts to achieve a positive outcome
* Experience with multi state sales and use tax reporting
* Self starter with ability to work independently in a team environment without close supervision
* Ability to manage work for businesses without being on-site within the business
* Ability to travel (less than 10%) as required
Maitland, Florida, United States