The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information. This position is critical to producing accurate and timely financial information and analysis as well as promoting an environment of strong internal controls and efficiencies.
The senior financial account acts as one of the primary contacts to the international accounting team.
Duties and Standards
* Corporate Closing
* Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities
* Perform the day- to-day general ledger accounting and analysis for assigned functional areas
* Ensure Corporate general ledger data is properly uploaded to the reporting system
* Record Corporate statistical cash flow Rollforward data
* Intercompany matching process
* Account Reconciliations
* Analyze assigned Corporate balance sheet accounts for accuracy and post adjustments, as needed; prepare account reconciliations for same balance sheet accounts
* Accounting Support
* Assist plant locations with accounting issues or financial data upload concerns
* Act as primary contact person to resolve various accounting issues; assist Corporate Finance staff with questions and concerns
* Global Consolidation
* Work closely with plant locations on a monthly basis to assist in timely and accurate financial data uploads to consolidation software system
* Ensure intercompany transactions have zero net financial impact at a global consolidated level
* Assist plant location personnel with any SAP or Hyperion questions, as needed
* Reporting and Analysis
* Complete requiredschedules and account analysis to assist external auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits
* Special Projects
* Perform analysis or other support in varied capacities as needed
Works in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment under minimum supervision. Must work with a high degree of accuracy utilizing data from multiple systems. Utilizes compensating controls to address weaknesses in underlying internal controls. Implements policies, practices and procedures that strengthen internal controls and disclosure controls.
Strong analytical and quantitative competencies
Ability to work under minimal supervision
Understands complex concepts and the relationships between issues or problems
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively even when relating complex information. Expresses ideas in a concise and organized manner.
Sensitive to cross-cultural differences and communication strategies with foreign locations.
Strong organizational, planning and documentation skills
CPA or working toward CPA preferred
Thorough understanding of
Strong Microsoft software skills, especially Excel
SAP and/or Hyperion experience a plus
Consolidation accounting experience a plus
Experience with foreign currency accounting transactions a plus
* Pursues growth and developmental opportunities; readily accepts the challenges of unfamiliar tasks
Strong emphasis on quality of work product. Uses statistical and quantitative information to ensure quality.
* Self starter, works independently
Pays attention to details, accuracy, deadlines and targets
Continually looks for ways to improve processes
* Good interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively in a diverse cultural environment
Normal office environment with no undue exposure to noise, odors, dust, drafts, etc. Some limited domestic travel may be required.