This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Provides support for the month-end financial close and reporting process, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, sales cutoff analysis, excess and obsolete inventory and other monthly financial reporting schedules. Manages the physical inventory process and all required entries and analyses for all US operations. Also, reviews and updates standard costs for all US operations. Financial lead for appropriation requests / capital expenditures within the division. Provides ad hoc support and analysis for Cemetery Products Division reporting requests involving balance sheet, P&L and various other initiatives.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. The position requires coordination with Cemetery Products leadership including site leaders and Divisional staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
-Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Accounting and four to six years of accounting and/or finance experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, policies, practices/procedures
- Experience with cost accounting preferred, but not required
- CPA or CMA is a plus
- Good data-mining skills / report writing
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - specifically Excel
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner
- Overtime necessary during quarterly and annual closings, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled