Senior Accountant 8/16/2016
Major vacuum heat treatment services company
Port Huron, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Sr. Accountant
Location: Port Huron, MI
Relocation Assistance offered
SALARY: 70000 to 90000 base salary plus 401: Match 6%, Vacation: 5 days (2016) - 10 days (2017)
Our client is a service manufacturing global leader located 40 miles+ north of Detroit, Michigan who seeks a hands-on Sr. Staff Accountant to assure that all activities are accurately completed in a timely manner. This position requires hands on operations in all of the following accounting disciplines.
PRIMARY DUTIES OF POSITION:
* Understanding of the process of Accounts receivable. Percentage of completion accounting
* Understanding of Contracts particularly capital equipment.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment. Automotive experience a plus.
* Ability to put together a borrowing base.
* Understanding of cash collections.
* Bank reconciliations.
* Ability to work with sales people to maintain support for transactions.
* Understanding of accounts payable, check runs and ACH.
* Ability to process invoices and ability to work with purchasing.
* Manage the Accounts payable files.
* Intercompany transaction management. Ability to transfer international wires.
* Foreign Exchange Online banking bank web sites.
* Recognize cash requirements to fund business.
* Ability to do journal entries.
* Create financial statements.
* Management of intercompany Transactions.
* Prepare templated packages of financials.
* Monitor of Job charged Time ticket balance payroll.
* Assure payroll is process on timely manner.
* Oversee the Capex process and assure major project are approved.
* Ability to capitalization assets processes and Depreciation.
* Roll forward of fixed assets.
* Familiar with inventory management, Job costing.
* Job budgeting.
* Contract orders.
* Completed contract Orders for installation supervision.
* Understanding of project management.
Month end closing activities:
* Manage and maintain work book of account reconciliations.
* Prepare template reporting packages.
* Perform any other tasks or duties assigned by Management.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to work with financialauditors, for tax and yearend financial purposes.
* Ability to understand financial impact of activities and advise management.
* Job cost accounting and Percentage of completion experience.
* Past workings with Engineers and Project Managers Helpful.
* Experience with Foreign currency exchanges and work with international companies desired.
* Management of intercompany Transactions.
* Understanding of US GAAP and IFRS.
* May have to set up some initial Process and Procedures.
Ability to manage people and projects. Excellent communication skills and time management skills are a must. Must be able to work independently, with little to no supervision. Conscientious with attention to detail. Must be able to read and understand documents written in English, and be able to speak English as it pertains to the job. Bi-lingual Spanish skills, oral and written, helpful but not required.
Ability to identify problems or potential problems and take initiative to correct them. Advanced report writing skills. Moderate to advanced MS Word and Excel skills. Excellent time management and multitasking skills. Must be capable of effectively communicating with employees, supervisors, management teams and with customers. Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Admin., etc. or a relevant discipline.
MBA Helpful, but not a requirement.
5years accounting experience.
Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, particularly as an automotive supplier.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Must be able to do simple math; (add, subtract, multiply and divide.) Must be able to read and understand documents written in English and able to speak English as it pertains to the job.
Ability to determine causes of operating errors and decide what to do about it. Bi-lingual in Spanish would be a plus.
Telephone, Computer, adding machine, scanner, fax and copier.
Supervises other accounting personnel assigned in region. Assist upper management through observation and review of in-house methods and operations, reporting concerns as they occur to the appropriate person.
Works indoors. Must be able to sit for long periods at a time, bend, stoop and reach.
Travel to otherlocations, domestic and foreign. A valid passport is required.
Must have RECENT manufacturing industry experience