Senior Accountant - Property Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
The Senior Accountant - Property Tax position will partner with our auction locations and sales offices to ensure the completeness and accuracy of our property tax statements.
* Monitor project costs to ensure appropriate classification of capital or operational expenses
* Process all asset related transactions timely in the system and ensure the integrity of the Fixed Asset listing.
* Prepare and review monthly reconciliations in Blackline for assigned account s.
* Work with corporate and field accounting to resolve any reconciliation issues.
* Recommend and create new Blackline rules to reduce exceptions.
* Assist with the preparation of personal and real property tax returns
* Ensure that internal and external customers are provided with timely and accurate assistance to facilitate good operational controls and minimize expenses.
* Cross-train in other areas of the Shared Service Center s Fixed Asset and Project Accounting department.
* Play an active role in developing project processes and process documentation.
* Participate in the month end close process as assigned
* Work on special projects and prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required.
* Competent in accounting and financial practices and procedures.
* Strong communication and written skills.
* Good problem solving and organizational skills.
* Able to maintain effectiveness in changing work responsibilities and environment.
* Ability to quickly learn and apply new job related information.
* 3 - 5 years of experience in Property Tax
* Experience with either Oracle, Hyperion, or Microsoft Office preferred.
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time