Senior Accountant (Real Estate) 8/31/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Coda Search is boutique specialized staffing and consulting firm, whose business model was founded with the sole purpose to; partner and introduce highly talented financial and technical professionals with industry leading organizations. Our diverse client list ranges in size from a 5-10 person start-ups to some of the largest Fortune companies on in the area.
One of our Premier Real Estate Clients headquartered in NYC area is seeking a Senior Accountant with prior experience in the Real Estate/Property Accounting. The ideal candidate will join a highly successful growing Finance team, and report directly to Firm's Global CFO.
* Supervise the day-to-day accounting functions of property related activities, including accounts payable, accounts receivables, and billing.
* Manage the month-end close process, including preparation of monthly consolidated financials, journal entries, and bank reconciliations
* Oversee sales tax processes including monthly and quarterly tax returns
* Responsible for all accounting and financial reporting activities relating to the financial operation of the company in accordance with GAAP, and implement policies and procedures where necessary to ensure proper accounting and reporting of financial information.
* Coordinate with project accountants to prepare reconciliation for GAAP and Tax Financials.
* Produce monthly P
* Track payments of all capital projects
* College Degree required: accounting degreepreferred.
* Minimum 3+ years of related work experience
* Strong computer skills - Knowledge of Yardi/Quickbooks (or similar) software a plus.
* Advanced communication, analytical, and problem resolution skills.
* Must have experience with Real Estate Audit/GAAP Reporting