Senior Accountant (Retail/Apparel | CPA preferred)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Alliance Resource Group
Marina Del Rey, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is a sport/lifestyle brand, driven to evoke imagination through the fusion of science, chemistry, and kinectics. Building on its legacy of innovative, market-leading technology, the company builds high performance products sold at 3,000+ retail shops across the globe. Revenues in excess of $500M, and growing rapidly.
The essence of their brand is communicated through hundreds of pro and amateur athletes, fitness and fashion gurus who depend on their products to provide them with the very best in the business.
The Senior Accountant participates in all function-based accounting activities including budgeting, forecasting, revenue deferrals, selling expenses, G&A expenses, and marketing allocation planning. Also performs all month-end close items, reconciles balance sheets andd works with the monthly FX gain/loss report.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for various function-based accounting activities (e.g. revenue deferrals, recording of legal expense, marketing, etc. ).
* Completes month-end close duties accurately and timely (e.g. recording / approving journal entries, performing variance analysis, etc. ).
* Interacts with accounting partners in North America and across the world
* Prepare/review reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts.
* Analyze balances to ensure they are accurate. Communicate unreconciled items to management.
* Ensure compliance with GAAP and IFRS accounting requirements, as well as Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
* Work directly with internal and external auditors to ensure successful and timely completion of internal audits and quarterly/annual reviews.
* Proactively identify and implement process improvements as necessary.
* Complete special project work as assigned.
* CPA highly preferred (or almost completed)
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
* 2-6 years of comparable experience in either retail/technology/apparel industry, or public accounting (Big 4 ideal).
* Strong Accounting background
* Strong critical thinking skills
* Highly analytical
* In-depth understanding of internal controls and segregation of duties
* Intermediate MS Excel skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills
* Demonstrate willingness and ability to be a self-starter, always taking the initiative to solve problems
* Demonstrated ability and desire to initiate and successfully accomplish personal and business goals
* Ability to analyze problems, compile data, determine facts and reach a logical conclusion
* Ability to prioritize and multi task
* Constructively challenge processes and take the initiative to search for opportunities to grow, improve and innovate
* Effective time management, organizational and communication skills (both written and oral)
* Ability to interact professionally with coworkers, management and customers
* Ability to build strong business relationships in a team environment