Senior Accountant (Revenue) - Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate - Urbandale, IA
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc - Urbandale, IA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs. We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team!
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for US Consumer Revenue recognition and general ledger reconciliations. Specifically for Velocity, Maginnis and cash entries.
- Prepares/reviews journal entries and consolidated statements
- Performs/reviews monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Performs maintenance of fixed asset subsidiary ledgers
- Analyzes and maintains general ledger accounts, and develops and analyzes various corporate accounting reports.
- Prepares preliminary annual expense budgets.
- Prepares and analyzes expense reports.
- Performs various financial reporting tasks, coordinates revenue and expense accruals, and ensures the timeliness and accuracy of the monthly or quarterly close.
- Maintains knowledge of budgets, financial statements, and reports.
- Follows company accounting policies and approval procedures
- Trains new Staff Accountants.
- Verifies the work of and provides guidance to Staff Accountants.
- Covers for absent staff.
- Prepares consolidated reports utilizing individual office information.
- Performs special projects, as required
- Detail oriented with problem solving skills to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be highly proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Knowledge in Oracle and related applications a plus.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.