This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Southern States Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn this position you will assist the Agronomy Controller in all phases of the accounting functions, which include gathering information, maintaining journals, subsidiary ledgers, the wholesale ledger, annual budgets, and the preparation of the Agronomy Business unit and other related financial statements.
- Timely and accurate processing of month-end accruals and adjustments to the general ledgers.
- Prepares, reviews and approves select journal entries and account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Consistently meeting month, quarter and year end closing deadlines.
- Analyzes income and expense items on various financial statements to identify trends and issues to ensure that results are accounted for timely and accurately.
- Assists in preparation of yearly budgets and quarterly projections for various operating divisions.
- Prepares special reports for management relating to lenders and other outside users.
- Prepares various financial analyses and communicates to the appropriate division and/or executive management areas of concern, opportunity or issues.
- Responsible for maintaining schedules as needed to support year end audit work and tax filings and working with internal and external auditors.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Accounting.
- Three to Five years of experience
- Strong Analytical Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem solver with strong initiative.
- Energetic; highly motivated; self-starter.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft Access and JD Edwards experience preferred.
- CPA or CPA candidate.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.