This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Barbara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONBeacon Resources seeks a Senior Accountant to join a Santa Barbara County company. For this health care and medical device company, the Senior Accountant will be reporting to an Assistant Controller and Controller. You will be doing all full-cycle accounting functions for the company, including working on consolidated statements, inter-company transactions, balancing the books, journal entries, bank reconciliations, and working with an outside accounting firm on audit and tax matters.
For the Senior Accountant who wants to join a prestigious, niche-leading, and publicly-traded company, this opportunity can get you great exposure in your accounting career.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT DUTIES
* Prepare the monthly close
* Oversee all international entities and their financial statements
* Prepare intercompany journal entries and intercompany reconciliations
* Ensuring all statements meet US GAAP standards
* Work with foreign currency transactions as it related to consolidated statements, including preparation of foreign exchange rates
* Prepare balance sheet and P&L account analysis & reconciliations
* Assist in all matters SOX
* Assist in all internal and external audits
* Assist in all compliance issues
* Other ad hoc duties as needed
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED)
* Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus
* At least five (5) years of G/L accounting experience
* Public company experience
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT QUALIFICATIONS (PREFERRED)
* Medical device
* Global company experience
* Consolidations or consolidated financial statements experience
* Public accounting firm experience
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT SKILLS (REQUIRED)
* Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
* Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
* Expert-Level experience in an ERP program
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence.