This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Santa Barbara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION The role of the senior accountant is to support the Accounting department with thought leadership, promote cross departmental process improvements, and perform and review monthly close duties.
* Perform variety of month-end closing procedures including preparation and posting of journal entries. May include some review of lower level Accountant or Assistant's work.
* Analyze financial statement accounts, identify unusual trends or erroneous entries, and verify accuracy of transactions and balances.
* Evaluate and maintain asset and liability accounts.
* Develop and implement procedures to streamline monthly closings and other financial activities.
* Research A/R and A/P issues that flow through to the general ledger, assist in evaluating various effects of the interface between Accounting and MRP systems and interact with other departments as needed to resolve the root cause of any problems.
* Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures across all departments.
* Offer/initiate recommendations for improved efficiencies or stronger internal controls.
* Assist with various projects that are assigned to the Finance Department and other areas as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience with financial accounting software and MRP/ERP systems a plus.
* Solid accounting knowledge including GAAP.
* Strong analytical skills needed for assessing current processes and initiating/executing effective recommendations for minimizing costs and creating efficiencies.
* Ability to take direction and communicate effectively with employees at all level of the organization.
* Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
* Project management experience preferred.
* Oracle EBS experience a plus.
* CPA preferred
* 6-8 years of experience in field or related area highly desirable
* 4 year degree in accounting, finance, or related field of study.
* Public company and Sarbanes-Oxley Act experience a plus.
* Consideration given to equivalent combinations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
WHY INOGEN Inogen is a dynamic company that is not only focused on quality care of patients, but is also committed to being a top employer. Each of Inogen's offices has a casual culture that supports employees being responsible and developing professionals.
We offer competitive salaries and a robust benefit package:
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan * 401 (K) plan available for all employees * Health, dental, vision insurance * Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program * Life Insurance * Long Term Disability * Robust paid time off and 8 paid holidays * Employee Assistance Program
Inogen Where we go to work hard to positively impact people\'s lives
See the Inogen Team in action: