This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Monica, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONA successful, growing finance company in West Los Angeles is looking for a sophisticated Senior Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity to serve as a key member of the accounting team and grow in your career. This position reports to the VP of Accounting and Audit.
* Prepare and record journal entries for daily and month-end close
* Track and record transactions related to loans and leases in company's software system
* Prepare monthly reconciliation of third party vendors' invoice
* Prepare reconciliations of general ledger accounts; review reconciliations performed by others as assigned
* Prepare reconciliation and allocations for credit card charges
* Review and approve title collateral release requests
* Calculate and validate accruals
* Prepare monthly management reports; provide analysis, including ad-hoc requests
* Manage intercompany payables and receivable
* Provide timely sales tax reports; record related payment allocation
* Prepare audit schedules for external and internal audits
* Assist in preparation of financial statements for internal and external reporting
* Issue accurate 1099 forms using QuickBooks.
* Review and reconcile non-routine transactions and account balance variances
* Coordinate and lead work of others in the department; participate in special projects
* Ensure compliance with company's accounting policies and procedures; identify and recommend improvements to existing policies and procedures.
- 3 - 6years' relevant experience in public or private industry accounting
- Financial services experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA designation preferred
- Understanding GAAP principles
- Proficient with QuickBooks and superior Excel skills
- Lease Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of LeaseWorks and Salesfore a plus
- Strong analytical, organization and communication skills;
- Team player