This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Monica, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTongal is looking for a talented accounting professional to grow with the company. This person will participate in all accounting functions and help build more robust processes and controls. The position reports to the Controller.
Tongal is the award-winning creative company that helps brands tell their best stories and engage today's audiences more effectively. The company has pioneered a new model for creating content, powered by a network of more than 120,000 professional creatives and a proprietary development platform. Tongal develops content strategies and produces video people want to see across every platform, including TV commercials, social and digital campaigns, and original entertainment for innovative brands like LEGO, Nestle, Mattel, NASA, Unilever, General Motors and more. We're excited to hire the next member of Team Tongal who will help us reach that mission.
Here's what you will be required to do to be successful:
* Process payments to our creative community, including recordkeeping, verification, multiple forms of payment (checks, ACH, wires, etc.) and interaction with proprietary back-end system.
* Manage corporate accounts payable
* Perform month-end close duties including accruals, journal entries, balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
* Participate in accounting system implementation and improvement projects
* Track ongoing project-by-project cash flows
* Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
* Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
* Perform special projects and prepare ad hoc operational and financial analyses as required by senior management
* 2-4 years of accounting experience required
* CPA required
* Undergraduate or graduatedegree in accounting, finance or business required
* Proficiency in Excel and accounting/ERP softwarerequired
* Solid analytical skills
* High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work independently
* High energy level and desire to work in a fast-paced startup-type environment
* Previous experience in advertising or media a plus