This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Monica, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Accountant
A $1 billion company, we're revolutionizing the future of fitness with best-in-class products that get real results. And we need partners to help us blaze new trails.
Since 1998, we've helped millions of people find a way to live happier, healthier, more fulfilling lives. We're creative thinkers and bold overachievers. If you're the kind of person who loves collaboration, high-fives, and G.S.D. (Getting Stuff Done), then we want to talk to you.
We Are Looking For:
We are a rapidly expanding company, so this position offers the opportunity to make a significant impact on the development and growth of our organization. We are seeking a self-motivated individual to report directly to the Senior Accountant/Manager of Accounting at the corporate headquarters in Santa Monica, CA. In this role you will be actively involved in the financial reporting process, account reconciliation and will assist with the analysis and maintenance of numerous accounts on the income statement and Balance Sheet.
You're Right For This Job If You Can:
* Prepare and perform analysis of all journal entries for the Network Marketing segment of the business, including, but not limited to Revenue, AR, Expenses, and Accruals
* Assist in monthly transfer pricing and cost allocation between Domestic and International entities
* Understand and prepare schedules relating to multiple element arrangement accounting
* Prepare and interpret financial statements and reports in accordance with GAAP and company policy
* Compile and analyze financial information to prepare adjusting journal entries and document business transactions
* Assist in the development of variance reports as required by management
* Assist in establishing internal controls surrounding the tasks performed
* Assist in preparing supporting schedules for interim and year-end financial statement audit
* Perform other related analysis and special projects as assigned
Skills and Experience:
* BA or BS with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
* Minimum two years general accounting or equivalent experience of which, a minimum of two should be in public accounting
* Big Four experience is a strong plus
* Strong knowledge of GAAP
* Must have a thorough understanding of the General Ledger and Trial Balance
* Ability to formulate and implement well thought out solutions to day-to-day issues with minimal supervision
* Team player that can thrive in a fast paced environment
* Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
* Strong attention to detail while producing accurate and high-quality work
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient with MS Office Suite: (Excel, Word and Outlook)
* Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel skills
* Oracle experience is a plus