Senior Accountant- Seeking a Hands-on Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
South San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Operational Accountant
We are seeking a hands-on, career-minded Senior Operational Accountant to perform specialized operational accounting duties and functions including financial statement analysis and account reconciliations. Performs accounts payable and receivable responsibilities. Additional duties include biweekly payroll administration such as pay calculations of regular hours, overtime, and pay premiums.
Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Accounts Payable: vendor invoice matching, tracking, and processing; follow-up on missing documentation; weekly check process; maintain excel spreadsheets for invoice tracking
2. Accounts Receivable: weekly charter billings and cash-out procedures; monthly contract billings; weekly payment/deposit processing
3. General Ledger: Assist with GL accounting functions including financial statement analysis, and reconciliations; month end journal entry preparation.
4. Maintain detailed spreadsheets for account analysis and month end processing purposes.
1. Collaborates and partners with account managers regarding the reporting of payroll, labor cost, and timekeeping for employees.
2. Calculates and verifies employee pay and timekeeping including hours worked, overtime, split shift differentials, and holiday pay.
3. Assist Controller in biweekly payroll processing.
4. Vacation, sick time, holiday and time off administration, analysis, and monitoring.
5. Maintain spreadsheets bridging payroll and customer billing requirements in detail.
Qualifications and Requirements
1. Bachelor?s degree in Accounting required.
2. Minimum of six (6) + years of experience within accounting, including, but not limited to analysis, reporting, and financial statements.
3. Experience with accounting/financial transactions, receivables, and payables. Accounting general ledger, journal entries, and posting exposure
4. Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of direct payroll administration and processing experience is highly desired.
5. Experience and knowledge of pay calculations, overtime, split shift premiums, vacation, sick, and time off processing.
6. Knowledge and experience with California wage and hours laws/regulations pertaining to payroll, timekeeping, transactions, and reporting is a plus.
7. Experience and proficiency with Oracle Financials, JD Edwards, or comparable accounting system. Experience with payroll recordkeeping systems.
8. Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency and skills including strong knowledge and competency with complex formulas, financial modeling, statistical manipulation, and spreadsheet design.
9. Highly detail and technical oriented.
10. Interpersonal and Customer service skills.
11. Must be able to multi-process and handle tight deadlines and multiple changing priorities.
12. Ability to manage and lead multiple and various projects simultaneously.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.