Senior Accountant US Controllers Group
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
H.J. Heinz Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID
Senior Accountant US Controllers Group
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
Role / Title:
Our Accounting team is looking for a Senior Accountant in the US Controller s Group to assist with the monthly financial statement close process and preparation of consolidated financial statements for all of the US business units. As a Senior Accountant, you will prepare monthly reports and interface with Business Unit personnel in order to review and understand local operations, metrics, and consolidated results. You will also help ensure the appropriate execution of internal controls and policy/procedures governing operational and transactional accounting.
Key Components of the role:
* Assist with the accurate preparation of periodic financial statements for the US and related comprehensive analytical reporting, supporting business unit and corporate requirements
* Preparation of monthly variance analyses and balance sheet reconciliations
* Support all financial related audits including compliance, client, internal and external audits and SOX
* Assist with the development of new processes, systems and/or policies (from an accounting/controls perspective) as needed by the business to support growth, business change, and/or continuous improvement initiatives
* Involvement in various multi-disciplinary teams and/or projects to support the business, including operational planning, strategy and pricing
* Analysis of Business Unit metrics versus expectations and prior periods
* Accounting or Finance Degree
* SEC and US GAAP knowledge, CPA preferred
* Minimum 3 years of public accounting experience, preferably Big 4 or large regional firm
* Superior written and oral communication skills
* Strong understanding of internal controls, including direct experience with large-accelerated public filers
* Advanced abilities in Excel and PowerPoint
* Technology savvy with demonstrated ability to learn systems and processes quickly
* Experience with Hyperion Financial Management a plus
Location: Chicago, IL
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 847 646-6044 for assistance.